HISTORY OF EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY

Whenever I hear the word "technology", the first idea that I used to think was computers, modern equipment, and stuff that makes like easier. But after I watch the video clip, I was surprised to realize that technology actually began since the historical period. Yes, from cavemen, to ancient Greeks, to Christ's era, and so on.

The birth of technology since then urged the people to open the concept of educational technology, and in the process--innovation. Teaching became human's way of transferring of knowledge to the generation, which led to the discoveries, explorations, and inventions.

I was born in Computer Age, year 1991. Growing up as a kid, I was naive of the presence of Computer. However, I already encountered it when I was grade six student in our Computer literacy program in school. Back then, computers had a few feature, and also, those were the times when internet connectivity was very poor.

Today, the technology have really gone so far. The source of information can now easily access anytime and anywhere. The innovation of technologies evolve hastily. Along with it is the transformation of the learners -- the way they think and act are manifestations of human evolution. Dealing with these type of generation must be crucial for the educators. 

Educational Technology (EdTech) in my personal views, it is a practical learning of how are we able to incorporate the essentials of technology in our teaching methods or strategies. Since we are about to become a teacher, and we will be dealing with 'millenial' students whose learning styles are very much into interactive, definitely, the traditional way of teaching would no longer work for them. Hence, EdTech will help us future teachers to develop our technical skills and knowledge.

I am a techie person already, but still I know I have so much to learn. I am looking forward to our upcoming lessons and activities. I am pretty excited to share with my classmates some of my knowledge, and be able to learn or discover new things through Miss Olivar.

At the end of the video, a question to reflect on appeared. Perhaps a challenge to each of us as soon-to-be educators. 

HOW AM I GOING TO SHAPE THE CLASSROOM OF TOMORROW?

Because technology moves at a fast pace, as a teacher, I have to keep updated to the latest trends in technology as well as to the teaching method. Learning is a never ending process, I have to embrace that. I have always wanted to become a teacher, and I am on my way. So be it.  I know it is a stressful job, and I won't be able to profit from it. But for me, it is more than just a job. The satisfaction and fulfillment it may bring is priceless. Aside from teaching, I want to provide my future students some moral values and discipline, and somehow make a good impact with their lives. "To make a difference" would be my teaching philosophy. To teach with a heart and patience, and see to it that no one is left behind. Everyone advances. To create a fun and active learning strategies is a plus. 

I hope that time will never come where teachers are being replaced with robots and virtual reality. It seems so dull.    

Comments

Popular Posts